Grants to Maryland Nonprofits in Eligible Areas to Respond to Urgent Organizational Needs
Urgent Needs Grant
Foundation / Corporation
United Way of Washington County Maryland
Grants of up to $2,000 to Maryland nonprofit organizations in eligible locations to address urgent and unexpected needs. Funding is intended to assist with unplanned expenses resulting from emergencies, unanticipated program needs, or underlying situations. Eligible applicants are located in Washington County and serve the community in the areas of education, financial stability, health, or essential/basic needs. Grants may be used for equipment and/or materials.
Examples of requests that qualify for grant awards include:
- Replacement of equipment due to irreparable failure
- Repair of equipment
- Replacement of items lost due to natural disasters or other major events
- An unanticipated shortfall of funding donations such as federal/state or local grant discontinuation/termination
- Unanticipated community needs items.
GrantWatch ID#: 200809
Estimated Size of Grant:
Up to $2,000 per month.
Term of Contract:
Organizations should be able to expend funds for requested use within 30 to 60 days of award (with supporting documentation).
Additional Eligibility Criteria:
– Be a registered 501(c)(3) organization with a federal determination letter.
– Use requested grant awards in Washington County, MD for Washington County residents only.
Grants are not meant for operational expenses.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source’s website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/
Apply online: https://www.
Direct questions to:
301-739-8200 ext. 104
United Way of Washington County
83 W Washington St, Ste 101
Hagerstown, MD 21740
URL for Full Text (RFP):
USA: Maryland: Washington County