List of Grant Opportunities
This list is curated from multiple places. Thanks to Bank of America Institute for Women’s Entrepreneurship at Cornell University for providing many of these leads.
GLOBAL OPPORTUNITIES (unless specified in the description)
48in48 Website Build Events – This group’s largest event of the year will be October 14-16th. The focus is on international nonprofits, charities, and NGOs; but they accept all interested (nonprofit) applicants. Group will build your website with a team of professional web designers and developers within 48 hours for free. To sign up, click here – https://48in48.org/
Atomic Grants – Atomic Grants are available to those who identify as a woman, and who are 21+. You can live anywhere in the world – as long as you have a way to receive the money digitally, and you are connected via email and social media. Grant for $1,500. Next due date is 8/31/22. https://www.
Because Accelerator – Because Accelerator is designed for an entrepreneur who is in the early to middle stages of product development. The program is uniquely focused on overcoming the challenges to developing affordable manufactured products which have proven market attractiveness and are ready to aim for production at scale. Grants for $10,000. Apply by 8/17/2022 – https://
Contrary Sabbatical 2022 – For tech entrepreneurs from any country, Contrary has supported Sabbatical founders like any other portfolio company: with connections to operators who have scaled companies from zero to thousands of employees, a diverse network of potential hires, and tactical advice from their team. Funding up to $250,000. Apply by 8/31/2022 – https://contrary.com/blog/
Ford Fund Fellowship with Watson Institute – Virtual program is for advanced, next-generation social entrepreneurs and community leaders building ventures that create impactful and scalable innovations. Looking for applicants from United States, China, Mexico, South Africa, and Argentina. Ford Fund applicants must be able to commit to be part of the 16-week program from October 17th, 2022, to February 24th, 2023. Grant of $25,000. Apply by 9/15/2022 – https://watson.is/ford-fund/
Roddenberry Catalyst Fund – The Catalyst Fund is offering grants to Nonprofits & Social Enterprises to fund ideas or early-stage projects that have a high potential for large-scale impact and sustainable change. You can be a seasoned social entrepreneur or a first-time changemaker. Eligible candidates for the Catalyst Fund may be individuals, teams of individuals, non-profit organizations, or social enterprises. Grants for up to $15,000. https://
Techstars Accelerators – Techstars accelerators have one goal: to help entrepreneurs succeed. During each three-month program, they surround companies with the best mentors and an unrivaled network of corporate partners, investors, and alumni. Companies can receive $20K for 6% of company. Various locations and due dates – https://www.techstars.com/
Western Union Fellowship – (specific counties) – Western Union Foundation Fellowship is for next-generation high-promising entrepreneurs and community leaders who are from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe. Looking for applicants from and are working in the following countries: Mexico, Kenya, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States, and Afghanistan. Funding of $25,000. Apply by 11/15/2022. https://watson.
Grindstone incubator – Must be based in South Africa – incubator will include training, corporate advisory, coaching, mentorship and funding. Specific interventions for each company include a structured gap analysis, understanding of the company value system, building a digital go-to-market strategy, financial modelling, intellectual property assessment, strategic and financial valuation as well as populating a data room. – https://grindstonexl.
Digital Square – Digital Square is looking for digital entrepreneurs based in Africa interested in working in the health sector. This call seeks to connect local solutions to financial assistance, technical resources, and opportunities to scale for innovative entrepreneurs. Apply by 8/12/2022. https://
Boost Your Business Technology – Grant for up to $15,000 offers support to Canadian-owned small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) who want to adopt new digital technologies. https://www.ic.
Digital Transformation Grant – Must be permanent ‘brick-and-mortar’ establishment in Ontario with less than 50 employees and owned by a Canadian resident. Grants for $2,500. Apply by 10/31/2022 – https://digitalmainstreet.
Stand With Owners Telus Business Grant – Application is open to all small business owners (for profit and not for profit) who are residents of Canada. 30 winners will be chosen. Contest period runs through September but winners will be selected as early as June. Prize of $25,000. Apply by 9/18/2022 – https://www.telus.com/en/
Strategic Innovation Fund – Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF) provides financial support to projects that will improve Canada’s innovation performance while providing economic, innovation and public benefits to Canadians. Must be a for-profit corporation or non-profit (depending on application) in Canada and be requesting a minimum govt contribution of $10 million for a proposal with total costs of at least $20 million. https://www.ic.gc.
TELUS Friendly Future Foundation’s Innovation Grant – Funding is available to registered Canadian charities that offer programming that promotes the well-being of youth. They are interested in supporting initiatives that center on good health and well-being, quality education and climate action. Grants for $100,000. Apply by 8/15/2022. https://www.
Visa She’s Next Programme – Women-led businesses in Ireland are invited to apply for a grant as well as a year of coaching through IFundWomen. Grants for 10,000 Euros. Apply by 8/16/22https://www.visa.ie/
Black Equity Future 100 grant program – Applicants must be between 18 and 30 years old of Black African, Black Caribbean, Black British and/or Mixed-race descent. You will need to be a UK resident. Grants for up to £15,000. Apply by 8/20/2022 – https://blackequityorg.com/
Simply Business Business Boost Grant – Must be a small business based in the UK. Grants for £25,000. Apply by 8/17/2022 – https://www.simplybusiness.
OPPORTUNITIES ONLY WITHIN THE UNITED STATES
AAUW (American Assn of University Women) Community Action Grant – Community Action Grants provide funding to individuals as well as community-based nonprofits for innovative programs that promote education and equity for women and girls. Grants for up to $10,000. Apply by 12/1/2022 – https://www.aauw.org/
Amazon’s Black Business Accelerator – Dedicated to helping build sustainable equity and growth for Black entrepreneurs by enabling their success as sellers. Grow your business with access to financial support, strategic business guidance and mentorship, and marketing and promotional support. https://sell.amazon.
Amazon’s Products for Tomorrow – Amazon is seeking innovative products that were created with sustainability in mind. To qualify, products must be innovative in design, materiality, or chemistry, making them highly effective and desirable, and they must be from a small business in the U.S. Funding up to $20,000. Apply by 8/18/2022 https://www.
Apple Entrepreneur Camp – Program has Black, Female and Hispanic/Latinx Founders Track for those who have an existing app on the App Store, a functional beta build in TestFlight, or the equivalent. Programs are online. Includes one year of free membership in the Apple Developer Program and other perks. Apply by 8/24/2022 https://developer.
AT&T Black Future Maker – Black Future Makers are dedicated individuals pursuing greater possibilities for the greater good. Submit a video of 30-60 seconds, or photo, on your Instagram feed explaining how you are pursuing greater possibilities for you and the community. Grants for $10,000. Apply by 12/31/22 https://www.
AWS Impact Accelerator for Women Founders – Program is designed for U.S.-based Women founders who are the CEO and/or CTO of an innovative tech or tech-enabled startup. We’re talking pre-seed startups beyond ideation with a fully-developed MVP or launched product. Funding up to $125,000. Apply by 8/26/2022 – https://aws-startup-lofts.
Black Creator Accelerator – The Black Creator Accelerator will provide 25 aspiring Black creators with a $10k/month stipend to pursue creative endeavors and get connected with opportunities to launch sustainable, full-fledged careers. Selected applicants will receive hands-on training and educational workshops from industry experts that work on a variety of products at Snapchat — from Discover, to Stories, to Spotlight, and Maps. Creators will learn how to use these different offerings to create great content, surface their profiles, grow their audiences, and more. Funding up to $10,000. Apply by 8/12/2022 – https://523.snap.com/black-
CHCI Pitch Competition – Entrants can compete in one of three categories; Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit, and Young Changemaker. Intended for startups, nonprofits, and small-businesses with annual revenue of no more than $1,000,000. Applicants should be Latino or serve the Latino community. Prize of $5,000. Apply by 8/12/2022 https://platform.
DoorDash Disaster Relief – Grants to restaurants who are experiencing hardship due to a state or federally declared disaster (NOT due to COVID), be independently owned, have a brick-and-mortar location with 3 stores or fewer currently operating, have revenues of less than $3 million per location in the last 12 months, and employ 50 or fewer people per store. Grants of $10,000. Apply by 9/30/2022 https://get.
Fearless Strivers – Open to black women who are legal U.S. residents (including DC), 18+ and the principal owner of a U.S.-based small business. Grants for $10,000. Apply by 12/31/22. https://www.
HerRise Micro-Grant – Each month a $500 micro-grant will be awarded to a for-profit small business owned by women of color. Past recipients used their growth grants for computers, equipment, marketing materials, software purchase, website creation and more. https://www.
Incfile Fresh Start Business Grant – Entrepreneurs 21 years or older can apply to receive $2,500 to put toward business startup costs and will also receive free formation services from Incfile. Application deadlines are 9/30/22 and 12/31/22 – https://www.incfile.com/
Juntos Crecemos Hispanic Digital & Delivery Program (PepsiCo) – PepsiCo is inviting Latina entrepreneurs who work in food service to apply for eight weeks of personalized expert consultation, including best practices across operations, technology, marketing and digital presence. https://
Klarna’s Small Business Initiative (partner with Macy’s) – Will award 10 small businesses, a year of free buy-now-pay-later payment services, plus media services valued at $40,000 across the Klarna ecosystem. Apply by 10/1/2022 – https://www.klarna.com/us/
Official Black Wall Street grant – One Black entrepreneur, based in the US, will be presented with the OBWS Black Entrepreneur of the Year Award, a cash prize, and 1 year of free OBWS membership and legal services to continue growing their business. Prize of $15,000. Apply by 8/12/2022 – http://tinyurl.com/
Plutus Foundation – The Plutus Foundation awards grants to support bloggers, podcasters, vloggers, journalists, educators, speakers, and authors who create financial literacy programs. Grants for $2,000. Apply by 8/29/2022 https://
Pure Leaf “No” Grants – “No” grants are $2000 and open to US residents – concept is that women have to say “yes” to so much – what would an additional $2K enable you to say “no” to? Winners receive the $ and access to a support community and resources through SeekHer’s Community Care Program. Apply by 8/31/2022 – https://nogrants.dja.com/
Resilia Microgrants for Nonprofits – Resilia is offering $1,000 microgrants to US-based non-profits. No strings attached. Microgrants can be used immediately to support nonprofit’s work. Apply by 9/16/2022 – https://discover.resilia.
SBA Thrive Emerging Leaders Training program – Training program for business owners that have annual revenues of at least $250,000 and have been in business at least 3 years and have at least one employee. https://sbathrive.
Sparkplug Foundation Social Action Grant – The Sparkplug Foundation is offering up to $10,000 grant for nonprofit organizations based in the US that are working on projects that address institutional injustices, and build a just society. This include projects focused to, educate or support communities, make systemic change and/or shift power to create justice, bring music to communities. Apply by 10/31/2022 – https://www.
Start Small Think Big is a nonprofit that helps small businesses with limited access to the resources needed to create thriving businesses. They partner with small business owners to provide personalized support. They focus on NY and CA markets. If you are interested in becoming a “client” of theirs for their free services and support, you can fill out this application – https://partner.
Truist NonProfit Grant – The Truist Foundation supports nonprofits with grants that target leadership development, economic mobility, thriving communities and educational equity. Quarterly deadlines – https://www.
Venmo Small Business Grant – Must be over 18 years of age, have a U.S. Venmo Account and valid business profile on Venmo in good standing; and own a small business in the U.S. or DC. Grants for $10,000. Apply by 8/11/2022 – https://venmo.com/business/
Verizon Small Business Digital Ready – Online curriculum designed to give small businesses tools to succeed in today’s digital world including learning modules, expert coaching and peer networking. https://www.
Wish Local Empowerment Program – You must be a Black-owned business with a brick-and-mortar shop within the United States and less than 20 employees. If selected for the program, you must join Wish Local (which is free). Grants for up to $2000 –https://www.wish.com/local/
Women of Wall Street Pitch Competition – Chance to be featured on the new television series Women of Wall Street, to premiere on CBS owned and operated TV stations in April 2023. Founders will pitch their business at the world-renowned Nasdaq MarketSite at Times Square for a chance to win a $100,000 investment for their company. Apply by 8/15/2022 – https://events.inc.com/
STATE-SPECIFIC OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN THE UNITED STATES
- California Dream Fund – To apply for the grant, the program first requires eligible startups to participate in a no-cost business startup program that combines helpful startup training workshops with one-on-one consulting services. Upon successful completion of the program, eligible participants will be given a link to apply for grant funding up to $10,000 –https://calosba.ca.gov/
- California Paid Family Leave Grant – Grants for small businesses in California with 1-100 employees who have at least one (1) employee utilizing California’s Paid Family Leave program (on or after June 1, 2022). Funding up to $2000. https://californiapfl.
- Irvine Recovery Plan – Vulnerable Populations and Small Business Assistance Grants Program – Only nonprofit organizations serving the Irvine community are eligible to apply for up to $2.2 million in funding. Apply by 8/24/2022 – https://www.
cityofirvine.org/irvine- recovery-plan-%E2%80%93- vulnerable-populations-and- small-business-assistance- grants-program
- Sacramento County Sac4SmallBiz Grant Program – Program will provide grants to eligible small businesses and nonprofits throughout the county that were negatively impacted by the pandemic. Business or nonprofit needs to be based in Sacramento County. Funding up to $10,000. Apply by 8/31/2022 – https://sac4smallbiz.org/
- San Bernardino County Microbusiness COVID-19 Relief Grant – Must be a business located within the San Bernardino County boundaries with 5 or less employees. Grants for $2,500 – https://www.selectsbcounty.
com/major-initiatives/ microbusiness-covid-19-relief- grant
- Southern California Job Creators Quest Grant – Must be located in the Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino, Imperial, and San Diego regions and have a current staff of 2-20 employees. Will have the ability to add 1-2+ net new premium wage jobs in the next 12 months. Must be a for-profit company with annual revenues between $100K and $3 million. Founder must identify as: Latinx, Black, Asian, Women, LGBTQIA+, Military Veteran, or located in a Low to Moderate Income area. Grants for $10,000. Apply by 11/30/22https://
- Advanced Industries Export Grant – Helps Colorado-based advanced industries technology businesses who want to export or are currently exporting. This grant is for small- and medium-sized businesses for up to $15,000. https://oedit.
- Colorado Community Revitalization Grant – Provides gap funding for projects in creative districts, historic districts, main streets or neighborhood commercial centers. This grant will support creative projects that combine creative industry workforce housing, commercial spaces, performance space, community gathering spaces, child care centers, and retail partnerships for the purpose of economic recovery and diversification. Up to $5MM in funding available. https://oedit.
- Energize Colorado – Targets small businesses across four communities: East Colfax, Pueblo, Southwest Denver, and the Child Care Industry. Includes funding readiness workshops, low-interest Gap Fund loans up to $20k, and an accelerator program valued at $1,200. – https://energizecolorado.
- KNOWNpreneurs Growth Lab – Program is designed to specifically support Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) owned businesses. As such, the program curriculum and mentors have been chosen to effectively help grow BIPOC-owned businesses in the Greater New Haven area. Participants will receive a $10,000 credit line upon completion. Apply by 8/15/2022 https://www.
- West Hartford Small Business Grants – One-time direct financial assistance to eligible Town of West Hartford Small Businesses and Non-Profits organizations for up to $10,000. Apply by 8/10/2022 – https://www.westhartfordct.
gov/town-departments/economic- development/small-business- non-profit-recovery-grant- program
- Site Readiness Fund – The Site Readiness Fund provides grants, loans or other economic assistance to qualified businesses or local governments based in Delaware that invest in constructing, renovating, or improving commercial, industrial sites that are readily available to businesses. https://business.
- Wilmington Strong Fund – Wilmington Strong Fund offers $1,000 emergency grants to small businesses located in the City of Wilmington struggling with the negative economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. https://www.
- Orlando Business Funding Availability – Website with links to several funding options fo businesses based in Orlando, FL – https://www.orlando.gov/
- St. Cloud Small Business Grants – City of St. Cloud has announced the re-opening its COVID-19 Small Business Grant Program for downtown businesses in the entertainment district. Grants for up to $1000. Apply by 9/15/2022 – https://www.
- Chatham County Small Business Grants – Must be a business affected by COVID-19 with less than 100 employees and located in unincorporated Chatham County. Grants up to $25,000 – https://www.chathamcountyga.
- Columbus, GA Grants – Small businesses physically located in the city of Columbus (three options – small biz, hospitality and non-profits). Grants up to $40,000- https://www.
- Conyers, GA Small Business Grants – https://www.
conyersga.com/government/ about-conyers/arpa-funds- assistance
- Chicago Recovery Grant – Chicago’s Department of Planning and Development is now accepting applications for grant funding to support local commercial, mixed-use, and light manufacturing development. All are welcome to apply. City staff will prioritize projects in areas of Chicago where there is a history of disinvestment or limited private investment. Grants up to $5MM. Apply by 8/19/2022 –https://www.chicago.gov/city/
en/depts/dcd/provdrs/ec_dev/ svcs/chicago-recovery-grant- application.html
- Gurnee, IL Small Business Grant – The village of Gurnee, Illinois launched a small business grant program last month. Grants can be used to improve business facilities and each business must provide at least half of the capital (match) for each project. Grants up to $10,000 – https://www.gurnee.il.us/
business/small-business- capital-investment-grant- program
- Illinois Restaurant Foundation – Grants for restaurant workers facing hardships. Grants cover living expenses after life-altering events like accident, illness, or death of a close family member. These are for individuals rather than businesses. Grants for $250 to $1500. Apply by 8/31/22 – https://www.
- Small Business Improvement Fund – Chicago – Grants for permanent building improvements and repairs. Chicago’s Department of Planning and Development facilitates the program. Local businesses can apply for grants that cover between 30 percent and 90 percent of their remodeling or building costs. Up to $250,000. Different application deadlines based on location in Chicago. – https://www.chicago.gov/
- Business and Innovation Grant – Marion, IA – Targets small businesses with 1-10 employees, granting them dollars ranging from $5,500 to $15,500. Each award comes with up to 5 hours of mandatory business counseling by a pre-approved business coach. Business must be in Marion, IA https://www.cityofmarion.
org/services/for-businesses/ business-innovation-support- grant
- Fiserv Back2Business program – Must be a Black or minority owned small business located in Nebraska or specific zip codes in Iowa. Grants of $10,000. Apply by 12/31/22 – https://aeoworks.org/fiserv/
- Hispanic Owned Business Grant for Louisiana – Must be at least 51% Hispanic owned business for profit business operating in the state of Louisiana and be/become a Member of Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Louisiana. Grants are $2,500 – first come, first served. https://
hispanicchamberla.com/ hispanic-owned-small- businesses-grant/
- ExportMD Program – Maryland companies that receive an ExportMD Award are eligible for up to $5,000 in reimbursement for expenses associated with an international marketing project. Apps due first of each month – https://commerce.maryland.
- Maryland Economic Adjustment Fund – This is an evolving loan fund, which supports small businesses that don’t qualify for traditional loans or financing. This specific program will grant priority to businesses in Baltimore City and rural regions across the state. – https://commerce.maryland.
- Project Restore – Financial support to Maryland’s existing or new businesses to help incentivize commercial investment in vacant retail and commercial properties. Grants for up to $30,000. Apply by 9/8/2022 – https://dhcd.maryland.gov/
- Scale Your Partnership Accelerator – Free 8-week business accelerator designed for bold, visionary creative companies who are ready to go all in to evolve their business – must be located in Baltimore. Funding of $5,000. Apply by 8/29/2022 – https://www.
- Amherst, MA Small Business grants – Grants are designed to support small, brick and mortar, storefront businesses throughout Amherst. Amounts of $5000-$10,000. Apply by 8/15/2022. https://docs.
google.com/forms/d/ 1bH3IYCIh4QcwsXse17qRDopiwVLew XEF8xkBo4SadoI/viewform?edit_ requested=true
- Millbury, MA Small Business Grant – Small businesses located in Millbury, MA can apply for grants up to $15,000 – https://www.millburyma.gov/
home/news/small-business- recovery-grant-application- available-now
- New Bedford, MA – Various grant opportunities for small business and non-profits located in New Bedford, MA. – https://www.newbedford-ma.
- Michigan Women Forward 53 Voices Pitch Competition – Open only to women currently living in Michigan. Applicants are asked to submit their idea as a voice recording. No business background or higher education is necessary. Women who already own a business may pitch an idea that modifies the existing business. The verbal pitch can be up to 53 seconds in length. Funding up to $7500. Apply by 8/17/2022 – https://grbj.com/
news/small-business-startups/ mwf-launches-pitch- competition/
- Resilient Lakeshore Heritage Grant Program – Reimbursement grant program intended to support long-term investment in the irreplaceable heritage assets of Michigan’s rural lakeshore communities. Program funding is specifically for building rehabilitation (i.e., “bricks and mortar”) projects and associated pre-development (e.g., plans and specifications) work in select communities along the Great Lakes. Grants up to $100,000. Apply by 9/1/2022 – https://www.miplace.org/
historic-preservation/ programs-and-services/ lakeshore-heritage-grant/
- Jackson Small Business Resiliency & Safe Practices Grant – Business must operate within the Jackson city limits and have less than 50 employees. Grant should be used to modernize systems and equipment to help establishments be better positioned to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the COVID-19 and future variants. Grants up to $30,000 will be issued on first come, first served basis. https://www.jacksonms.
- North St. Louis Commercial Corridor Grant – Businesses and nonprofits located on 11 eligible corridors and neighborhoods in North St. Louis can apply for operational support and façade and storefront improvement grants. https://www.stlouis-
mo.gov/government/departments/ sldc/grants/north-st-louis- commercial-corridor/index.cfm
- Fiserv Back2Business program – Must be a Black or minority owned small business located in Nebraska or specific zip codes in Iowa. Grants of $10,000. Apply by 12/31/22 – https://aeoworks.org/fiserv/
- Coos Economic Development Corporation Grant – For small businesses in Coos County: Berlin, Colebrook, Gorham, Lancaster, and Whitefield. Grant awardees will receive up to $5,000 towards storefront rent for 3-months, insurance, utilities, signage, and other reasonable expenses. – https://www.coosedc.org/
- Manchester Small Business Grant and Program Assistance – Support small businesses based in Manchester, NH with fixed business costs, including rent, utilities, and payroll, accrued during the pandemic, costs associated with transitioning to e-commerce business platforms, outdoor space upgrades, and other technical assistance needs. Grants up to $10,000 –https://www.manchesternh.gov/
- Morris County Small Business Grant – Business must have been legally established in Morris County since January 1, 2019, as a: Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, Corporation, Non-Profit, LLC with less than 25 employees. Grants up to $15,000 –https://solixconsulting.
- Small Business Improvement Grant – All creditworthy, small, minority-owned or women-owned businesses in New Jersey may apply for assistance under the Small Business Improvement Grant. Businesses may be reimbursed for capital improvements, or purchase and/or installation of new furniture, fixtures, and equipment. Grants up to $50,000 – https://www.njeda.com/
- New Mexico Wildfire Business Assistance Grant – Businesses that qualify for priority assistance must be inside the boundaries of the Presidential Disaster Declaration for the Big Hole, Calf Canyon/Hermit’s Peak, Cooks Peak, and McBride fires. Those areas are Colfax, San Miguel, and Mora Counties, parts of Lincoln County (ZIP codes 88345 and 88312) and Valencia County (ZIP code 87002); and regions of Sandoval and Los Alamos counties impacted by wildfire and evacuations. Grants for $5,000 and $20,000. Application portal will be open for two weeks starting on August 15 and ending August 26, 2022 – https://edd.newmexico.
- Empire State Development Corp.’s COVID-19 Capital Costs Tax Credit Program – Individual businesses can apply for tax credits of up to $25,000, which may cover up to half of qualified, pandemic-related expenses. Qualifying expenses include supplies or upgrades related to health and safety, including disinfectants, new HVAC equipment, touchless kiosks, and outdoor-space expansions. – https://esd.ny.
- NY State Pandemic Small Business Recovery Grant – Small Business Recovery Grant Program was created to provide flexible grant assistance to currently viable small businesses, micro-businesses and for-profit independent arts and cultural organizations in the State of New York who have experienced economic hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Grants from $5,000 to $50,000 – https://
- Rockland County Grants – Grant opportunities for restaurants and small businesses located in Rockland County up to $25,000 – https://rocklandgov.com/
departments/county-executive/ reviving-and-rebuilding- rockland/grants/
- Syracuse Retail Incubator Program – Utilizing an award from The Central New York Community Foundation’s Black Equity & Excellence Fund, Ecodessa will identify & train entrepreneurs who collaborate with the Downtown Syracuse Foundation to secure a 3 month Popup shop location in Downtown Syracuse. Entrepreneurs will be eligible to receive a grant amount of up to $5,000 to fund expenses associated with their Popup shop. –https://www.ecodessa.com/
- Fayetteville Small Business Relief Grant Program – For-profit businesses located in Fayetteville with fewer than 200 employees are eligible. Grants up to $50,000 – https://www.fayettevillenc.
gov/city-services/city- manager-s-office/american- rescue-plan/fayetteville- small-business-relief-grant- program
- Akron Small Business Grants – Must be a legal for-profit business located in Akron with less than 50 employees. Grants for up to $10,000. Online application will launch on 8/15/22. Deadline is 9/2/2022. Learn more here – https://global-uploads.
webflow.com/ 62989cf7e9cc4c4049c4af2f/ 62e9755abfecca6de59e20db_ 080222%20Final%20Small% 20Business%20Grant%20NOFO.pdf
- Cuyahoga County Small Business STIMulus Grant Program – One-time payment granted to eligible applicants in an amount up to $50,000 for businesses with fewer than 50 full-time equivalent employees. Must be a Cuyahoga County small business owner. Apply by 9/9/2022 – https://
cuyahogacounty.us/development/ cuyahoga-county-small- business-stimulus-grant- program
- JVS Philadelphia Fund for Women – JVS Philadelphia Fund for Women is designed to provide capital and to coach women-owned enterprises with strong growth potential in Greater Philadelphia. Grants up to $50,000. Apply quarterly – https://www.jvsphilafund.
- Scranton Small Business Grants – Businesses must be in a qualifying Low-to-Moderate service area within the City of Scranton. Grants up to $5000 –https://scrantonpa.gov/2022/
- Richland County, SC – Businesses in Richland County that have 50 or fewer employees and can demonstrate revenue loss because of COVID-19 can qualify for aid. Grants up to $15,000 – http://www.richlandcountysc.
gov/Home/News/ArtMID/479/ ArticleID/2406/COVID-19- Relief-Available-for-Small- Businesses-in-Richland-County
- Fort Bend TX Small Business Grant – To qualify, you must be a Fort Bend business that has been operational since December 30, 2019 and prove a revenue decline of at least 25 percent from 2019 to 2020. Grants for $5000-$25,000 –https://fortbendcounty.com/
- San Antonio Small Business Grants – Business must be located within San Antonio city limits and remain for one year from date of grant award. Must be micro/small business owners who continues to be impacted by the pandemic. Grants of up to $35,000. Apply by 8/22/2022 – https://
- Tarrant County Small Business Workforce Recovery Grant – Grant to provide financial assistance to impacted small businesses whose workforce has been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Funds awarded will aid in workforce recovery, retention, recruitment, training and development. Business must be located in Tarrant County. Funding up to $27,500. Apply by 8/31/22 –https://www.tarrantcounty.
- Wells Fargo Open for Business Grant – Business must be established and registered with State of Texas prior to December 31, 2021 and must be located in the city of Houston. Business must have less than 50 employees. Funding of up to $65,000. Apply by 8/23/2022 – https://www.
- B-Force Accelerator – A 12-week intensive for black and Latinx businesses that are at least 2 years old to prepare them for capital access. Must be located in Norfolk. https://blackbrand.
- Hampton Roads VBThrive Business Relief Grant program – This funding round focuses on small businesses in the tourism, travel and hospitality industries that are still struggling due to the pandemic. Must be a for-profit business licensed and located in the City of Virginia Beach and currently open to the public. Funding for $10,000 to $50,000. Apply by 8/31/2022 – https://www.lisc.org/
- James City County Small Business Relief Grant – Existing businesses located in James City County are eligible to apply. Must be locally or regionally owned and have less than 20 employees. Grants up to $15,000 – https://www.
yesjamescitycountyva.com/3803/ COVID-19-Small-Business- Relief-ProgramGr
- Newport News Microenterprise Grant – Micro Enterprise must be within Newport News and will have five or fewer employees. Not-for-profit businesses, organizations and entities are not eligible for this program. The business owners must be low to moderate income or the business must be located in a low to moderate-income area at the time of application. Grants for $500-$3500 – https://www.nnva.gov/2723/
- Prince William County, VA Small Business Grant – Prince William County, VA is offering a “Restore Retail” Grant program for up to $25K per grant. https://apply.pwcded.
- Small Business Flex Fund – For businesses in Washington State – loans for up to $150,000 are available for profits and not-for-profits. Loans have 3% – 4% interest rates, no fees & interest-only payments for the first year. 60-month loan terms https://
- Tenant Improvement Fund – Fund will grant eligible small businesses up to $100,000 to build out commercial spaces and make commercial improvements more affordable for projects located within Seattle city limits. Funding up to $100,000. Apply by 9/8/2022 https://ndc.smapply.
io/prog/seattle_tenant_ improvement_fund_/?utm_medium= email&utm_source=govdelivery
- Morgantown Small Business Assistance Grant – For the Small Business Assistance Grant, businesses must be located in Morgantown city limits, and priority will be given to those in the downtown and wharf districts. Grants up to $20,000 – https://www.morgantownwv.
- Main Street Bounceback Grants – Main Street Bounceback Grants program is to provide financial support to businesses that move into existing vacant commercial properties in urban Wisconsin areas, helping to create a foundation for long-term success for themselves and their communities. Funding up to $10,000. Apply by 12/31/22 – https://wedc.org/
STAYING ON TOP OF OPPORTUNITIES
Finally, we keep the list of opportunities on this page updated in between our email blasts. (https://
Kirsten Barker – Program Director for the Bank of America Institute for Women’s Entrepreneurship at Cornell University
Note: You are receiving this email because you are registered for (or have completed) the 12-week online certificate program in the Bank of America Institute for Women’s Entrepreneurship at Cornell University.
**This list will remain posted until it is replaced by the next list shared. If a deadline has passed, bookmark that grant and put a reminder in your calendar to look for it next year.**
I encourage you to save this list locally as a PDF by clicking “print” on your browser, make sure to add the date to your file name.