Did you find it interesting? Please share:
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooke time: 22 minutes
Total time: 37 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ pound chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 2/3 cup celery, diced
- 2/3 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cup fresh bean sprouts
- Additional vegetables can be added. Substitute chicken with shrimp if desired.
- 1 ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Slice chicken breasts into ¼” strips. Toss with cornstarch and set aside. Prepare the vegetables.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat and cook chicken in batches until no pink remains. Remove from the pan and set aside in ta bowl to keep warm.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in the same pan and add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Cook 4-5 minutes or until softened. Stir in bean sprouts and cook 1 more minute.
- Combine sauce ingredients and add the vegetable mixture along with the chicken. Simmer for 2 – 3 minutes, or until chicken is heated through and sauce is thickened.
Add toasted crushed peanuts or some cashew nuts. Green onion never goes amiss.
Add a dash of red chili oil or sriracha to give it a spicy kick.
Serve with noodles or rice. Wan to cut carbs? Serve over shredded steamed cabbage or cauliflower rice.