by Diana Morris
Some of my fondest memories from childhood are of me waking up on weekend mornings to the smell of pancakes, eggs, and bacon and jumping out of bed to fill my plate. The main courses would be piled high, but the highlight was always the syrup. Thick, sweet, and warm, I would reach for more before the first bite was done. Even though my mother has so many menu items to choose from, this simple recipe holds a special place in my heart and is a staple in my kitchen to this day. Now that I’m an adult, when I’m feeling especially fancy I'll add chopped bananas and some spiced rum (hi, mom!) for an extra kick of flavor and texture, but the foundation is always the same-smooth sweetness that has me reaching for more and, in its own way, keeping me close to home.
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp butter
dash of cinnamon
dash of vanilla extract
1 ripe banana, chopped (optional)
dash of spiced rum (optional)
1. Melt the butter on medium heat.
2. As the butter melts, add in the sugar and water, stirring occasionally.
3. As the mixture begins to thicken, add in the cinnamon and vanilla extract to taste.
4. Optional: Add in the chopped bananas and spiced rum (don’t worry, the alcohol will burn off and the only thing left behind will be the flavor!)
5. Remove from heat when the sugar and butter are all melted and the mixture is a syrup-like consistency.
6. Pour over your pancakes, waffles, biscuits, oatmeal, etc. and enjoy!
website - https://dianaramorris.com/
March/April - 2019
Family Court by Laurie Udesky
How to Detect Psychological Online NeuroPiracy
Community Petition on Safe Children & Thriving Families Initiative
The People's Call To Nations
34 Adaptable Manatees
What Yout Pain is Telling You
Foundation Honors Immigrants
10 Most Stressed Out States in America
Zodiac Christmas Cocktails Press Release
The Importance of Setting Boundaries in Your Life
Photographer Documents What Students Wore When They Were Sexually Assaulted
12 Notes to Self You Should Memorize Before the New Year
2019s Most Sinful Cities in America
A Global Outcry Advocates Urge UN For A Treaty
Best Cities for NYE
Corporate Tax Rate Report
How to Improve Emotional Intelligence in the Workpla
Minority Business Development Agency Awards
NORMALIZING ABUSE GROOMING THROUGH KINDNESS
Click to Read: more >>
Sign UP to receive articles. If you like what you see, subscribe!
2010 Jan/Feb issue
Tammy Erickson, Olympic Medalist
Hear publisher Joslyn Wolfe on
(click on 'Healthy living with Joslyn' in the Blog Talk Radio section)